Adjetey Anang is a multiple award winning film and stage actor with over 22 years’ experience in various forms of theatre and screen productions.
He has a First Class Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the School of Performing Arts at the University of Ghana, Legon. He further obtained a Master of Arts Degree in Dramatic Arts (with distinction) from the University of the Witwatersrand in Johannesburg South Africa (Wits University). He has also attended several workshops and training programmes in Ghana, South Africa, Nigeria, The Netherlands, the UK and the US, etc.
He has featured in several stage plays in Ghana, South Africa, the Netherlands and France such as “Through a Film Darkly”, “Joe Turner’s Come and Gone”, “Run for your Wife”, “Death and the King’s Horseman”, “Marriage
of Anansewa”, “La Cantatrice Chauve” “Prison Graduates”, etc. Please find details of filmography below.
He is currently a lecturer in Acting at the National Film and Television Institute (NAFTI) teaching at the Bachelor’s Degree and Diploma levels and also handles Acting Certificate Courses at the same Institution.
Adjetey’s acting debut was on stage with Nyankunton Players (a drama group), where he was handpicked and employed by the National Drama company (Abibiogromma). This platform projected his talent and potential
onto National stage productions. His screen debut was on the TV Drama
1998 with Ghana’s National TV station (GTV).
His contemporary actors and film producers have described him one of the best classically trained screen & stage actors in Africa ready to take on the global stage.
• Master of Arts in Dramatic Arts; University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg South Africa; 2010
• Bachelor of Fine Arts, University of Ghana Legon; 2005
• Diploma in Theatre Arts, University of Ghana Legon; 2002
- Africa Magic Viewer’s Choice Awards (AMVCA) – 2018 Best Actor in lead role
- Ghana Movie Awards (GMA) – 2018 Best Actor in a lead role
- Ghana Movie Awards (GMA) – 2016 Best Actor in a lead role
- Golden Movie Awards Africa – 2015 Best actor in a lead role
- Ghana Movie Awards (GMA) – 2014 Best Actor in a lead role 2014
- Golden Icons Academy of Motion Arts (GIAMA, Texas) – 2013 Best African Actor in Lead Role
- Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) – 2010 Best Actor in a Supporting Role
- Arts Critics & Review Association of Ghana (ACRAG) – 1998 Best Talent
- Ghana Union of Theatre Societies (GUTS) – 1997 Best Actor
1 . Sugar: The Movie – 2019 ; with Kidi, Stonebwoy, James Gardiner, Fella Makafui, Cina Soul
2 . Sin City – 2018 ; with Yvonne Nelson (Netflix)
3 . Beautiful Mind – 2018 ; Kofi Kyei
4 . Citation – 2020; Jimmy Jean Louis, Ini Edo (Netflix)
5 . Azali – 2017 ; with Ama K Abebrese (Netflix)
6 . Kintampo – 2017 ; Chris Attoh
7 . Keteke – 2016 ; with Lydia Forson & Fred Amugi (Netflix)
8 . Sink or Swim – 2015 ; (Actor and co-producer) with Ama K Abebrese, Zack Orji, Ray Ofula, Deyemi Okanlawon
9 . Hero – 2015 ; with Joseph Marcell (Fresh Prince of Bel Air fame)
- Like Cotton Twines- 2016; with Jay Ellis,Miranda Bailey (Netflix)
11 . Interception – 2014 ; with Chris Attoh John Dumelo & Ama K Abebrese
12 . Devil in the Detail – 2014 ; with Nse Ikpe Etim
13 . Potomanto – 2013 ; (Lead Actor) with Olu Jacobs & Yvonne Okoro.
14 . Hunters – 2013 ; lead actor w/Jackie Appiah
15 . Cheaters – 2013 ; with Jackie Appiah
16 . Praising The Lord plus 1- 2013 ; with Ama K Abebrese, Directed by Kwaw Ansah
17 . Bleeding Sunshine – 2012 ; with Chris Attoh, Amanobea
18 . Letters to my Mother – 2012 ; with John Dumelo
19 . Adams Apples – 2012 ; Sparrow Productions
20 . A Sting in a Tale – 2011 ; with Majid Michel, Lydia Forson and Abeiku Acquah
21 . The Perfect Picture – 2010 ; with Chris Attoh, Lydia Forson, Jacki e Appiah (Netflix)
22 . Life and Living it – 2009 ; with Chris Attoh, Brew Riverson Jnr, Naa Ashorkor Mensah-Doku,
• Ambassador for Anti-Child Labour & Anti-Child Trafficking with SNV Netherlands Development Organization.
• UNHCR Influencer
• Global Peace Ambassador • Gino Products
• Host of Vodafone Icons 2018
• Sasso Spray – Activation Video – 2016
• One Touch: Vodafone- TV commercial 2001
• Club Beer- TV commercial 1997
FOR Featuring, BOOKINGS AND INTERVIEWS CONTACT:
African Seasoned Speakers Network (Afsesnet): Influencing The Next Generation of Africa
(We Stand For Credibility, Responsibility, Impact, Legacy & Total Transformation of Africa’s Human Capital Development)
Cover design by: Aj Willz Media
Supporting Partners: Hardcore Charge, ABN News
EMPOWERING OUR SPEAKERS:
Our goal is to help you get more visibility, invitations and speaking opportunities online and in person.
- Increasing visibility Through speaker profiles
- Creating opportunities for our Speakers
- Providing learning opportunities
- Giving first-class support
Any questions? Contact us
GET IN TOUCH:
- Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +233204414008 / Whatsapp +233246054092 /
- Facebook (@Afsesnetglobal)
- Twitter (@afsesnetglobal)
- LinkedIn (African Seasoned Speakers Network)
- Instagram (@afsesnetglobal)
- Pinterest (@afsesnetmagazine)
- Tumblr (@afsesnetmagazine)
- Hashtags: #Afsesnetglobal #Afsesnetgh #Afsesnetmagazine #Afsesnetcover